Remember Caring for God’s Acre with a Gift in your Will
Thank you for considering supporting Caring for God’s Acre through a gift in your Will.
Your gift can make a big difference by helping the charity’s core work, which is the foundation for our action to support burial and ground and churchyard conservation across the UK.
It doesn’t matter how much you give – we are grateful for all gifts, large or small.
What type of gift can you leave?
There are three types of gifts in Wills or legacies:
- A specific legacy consisting of a specific item of personal property
- A pecuniary legacy consisting of a specific sum of money
- A residuary bequest, which is the residue of your Estate, or a share of the residue, after debts are settled and legacies to others have been paid.
If you have already made a Will, a gift to Caring for God’s Acre may be added to your Will by way of a codicil.
By leaving a gift to Caring for God’s Acre in your Will you may be able to considerably reduce the amount of tax your estate pays or even remove it altogether. Gifts to charities are wholly exempt from Inheritance Tax.
Many people want to leave money to a charity after their death.
This is an effective way of ensuring that the causes close to your heart can benefit.
The process for leaving a gift to charity in your Will is relatively straightforward:
- You can create a charitable bequest by leaving details in your Will of the asset you wish to bequeath, and your intended beneficiary.
- You should ensure that your Will is prepared in accordance with the law and, amongst other things, it should be signed by witnesses.
- Upon your death this document will be read by your executors (people nominated by you to carry out your wishes) and they will act on your instructions.
Should you choose to give to Caring for God’s Acre you would require the following details:
Caring for God’s Acre
11 Drover’s House, The Auction Yard, Craven Arms, Shropshire. SY7 9BZ
Registered Charity No 1155536
A Will is an important legal document and you may wish to speak to a solicitor or professional Will writing service to ensure that the document is properly prepared.
When the time comes to write or update your Will, please consider a gift to Caring for God’s Acre. All gifts will go to further Caring for God’s Acre’s work of ‘Protecting wildlife, Preserving heritage, Involving people’.